The Javelin Volleyball League (JVL) has 8 team spots available and will run for 8 weeks with games being played for 1 hour every Saturday at the Woodbridge Sportsdome. Team captains are responsible for securing a spot for their team and distributing the cost among their players.
In order to ensure that the environment will be competitive and to establish player expectations, we will be screening team captains before they register their team.
🏐 Games will consist of 3 sets
🏐 First two sets will be up to 25 points, win by 2 to a cap of 30.
🏐 Last set will be up to 15 points, win by 2 to a cap of 20.
🏐 Games will finish when the three sets are completed, or promptly after the allotted time block of 55 minutes is over.
🏐 Both team captains will be required to add scores on Javelin after the game
Javelin has developed an exciting rating system that allows competitive teams to compete and climb the volleyball leaderboards with real-time Elo changes.
What is Elo?
Elo is a method for calculating the relative skill levels of players in zero-sum games such as chess, basketball, or football.
How It Works
After the score of each game is input, the rating system will calculate and adjust your team's rating based on the win probability between the teams. Your final team rating will be adjusted once both teams have input the same scores for all 3 games. Only a set's Win/Loss would affect team's elo; Score doesn't affect elo.
This rating system was designed in order to match you with teams of similar Elo in order to ensure a more competitive experience.
* No professional players are allowed. If you're unsure if this is you, please message us.
* All regular 6v6 indoor-volleyball rules are in effect unless otherwise stated.
* All attending players must be 18+.
* Nets will be set to men’s height.
* Rally scoring will be used.
* A team will forfeit if they cannot field at least 4 players within 5 minutes after the game’s start time. The opposing team will be given the right to vote on a forfeit.
* Teams are allowed 6-12 players. Substitutions will be allowed at all times during the games, so long as the ball is not in play.
* Net touches are not allowed, however, hair touches are fine.
* A player may not touch the ground beyond the center line on their opponent's side of the court.
* If a ball hits the ceiling, any walls, or anything outside of the court it is considered a dead ball, and a point is awarded.
* Games are self-refereed, however every game is filmed and will be reviewed if we hear of a team not playing fairly.