The tournament has 8 team spots available; it will start off in a round robin format at group stages up to 25, win by 2 to a cap of 30. The team captain is responsible for securing a spot for their team and distributing the cost among the players.
⭐ Group stage:
🏐 Round-robin format
🏐 Group stage games will have two sets to 25 points, win by 2 to a cap of 30.
🏐 Games will finish when the two sets are completed, or promptly after the allotted time block of 30 minutes is over.
🚩 Playoffs Stage:
🏐 Each playoff game will be conducted in a single-elimination format, where teams will compete in a best-of-three.
🏐 The first two playoff games will be played to a score of 25 points, with a cap of 30. In the third playoff game, the score will be played to a maximum of 15 points, with a cap of 20.
🏐 Games will finish when the three sets are completed, or promptly after the allotted time block of 55 minutes is over.
The top teams will be awarded cash prizes at the end of the tournament.
* No professional players are allowed. If you're unsure if this is you, please message us.
* All regular indoor-volleyball rules are in effect unless otherwise stated.
* All attending players must be 18+.
* Nets will be set to men’s height.
* Rally scoring will be used.
* A team will forfeit if they cannot field at least 4 players within 5 minutes after the game’s start time. The opposing team will be given the right to vote on a forfeit.
* Teams are allowed a maximum of 8 players. Substitutions will be allowed at all times during the games, so long as the ball is not in play.
* Net touches are not allowed, however, hair touches are fine.
* A player may not touch the ground beyond the center line on their opponent's side of the court.
* If a ball hits the ceiling but stays on the same side of the court, it is considered playable. However, if a ball hits the ceiling and then crosses over the net onto the opponent’s side of the court, it is considered a dead ball, and a point is awarded. Hitting walls is considered dead.
* Point differential will be used in the event of tiebreakers for seeding. The team with the higher total points differential gets the win for the group stage.
* If teams are tied after point differential is calculated, seeding will be determined by head-to-head performance between the tied teams.
* In the event that teams are still tied after head-to-head performance is calculated, seeding will be finalized through rock, paper, scissors.